Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Why I believe in Kindness Revolution, by Jacqueline Rowena


I am a Kampung girl.

I know little about technology, politics and money. But I do know that in order to survive anywhere in the world, we must have a balance of give and take of what you know and what you don’t. Innocence is almost like ignorace at times, sometimes, it’s good NOT to know so much. It keeps you grounded and it gives you some sort of peace. And the things that you know, well, they can be an obvious advantage. What makes us really different from one another is not so much what we know, but how we react to these situations. I can either throw a tantrum to everyone when crisis happens, or group together and brainstorm for solutions.

Here’s why I believed that despite the aggressive  need to survive in this world and the rat race, we need to succeed it our way, however that is. Personally, I believe in Kindness Revolution and that it gives you the best satisfaction in achieving whatever goal we aim.

I have been working in the advertising industry for nearly two years now. Every single day, I came across with all kinds people. The ones that would use, and abuse. Or the ones that would motivate and encourage. I am against all sorts of abuse, physically and mentally. Condescending or putting down. So everyday, when I’m put in a tough position to choose which of my evil or angel to triumph, I step back and look at it as a bigger picture and choose Kindness Revolution.  

I was in the department alone, and work was piling up so demandingly. The moment I stepped into the office, I hear people calling me for short meetings, long meetings, emails pour in every few seconds and once I’m out from the office, I get phone calls, meeting calls. It was intense. But more often than not, I choose the angel in me. I solve problems and issues with a positive manner, with a positive approach to both people and situation. With that, I am happier than most people.
I love the feeling of fuzziness and softness in our heart when I do something nice. As simple as opening the door for a friend, or being courteous by saying ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ or putting the brakes in pointing fingers.  

I want to be a good lyricist even if this takes time. Someone who brings the better out of other people, and encourage living. I want to enjoy dancing & singing because my skin feels rejuvenated when I share my happiness with others. I want to be a courteous, happier blogger because I believe more in kindness revolution, and for those who despise happy people - I encourage you to stay bitter and see what you'll miss! I'll sigh over bad days but I'll listen to the music & feel the sun to know that there's still tomorrow. I'll laugh about the silliest things and live for the bigger reasons.

I've discovered that Kindness Revolution starts and impacts you first, before everyone else. If it doesn’t start from you, how will you know it? 

1 comment: