Sunday, July 17, 2011

Power of Kindness by Nurul Naquiah


When I was in Primary Three, I still remember there were a bunch of naughty boys in my class. They messed with the girls’ hair and they cut it. Then, the boys paste it on their hair. (I know it sounds silly but they did). The poor girls that they bullied will do nothing but cry. As the biggest girl in the class, I helped them and actually fought with the boys, alone, and of course you can guess who is the champion right? LOL. I want to give credit to my second brother because we fought a lot when we were kid and because of this, I was well trained and it helped me to stood up for the bullied victim at the school.

I am lucky to live in a normal life where I never experience violence or anything bad. I am surrounded by supporting family members and have almost a dozen BFFs (Yeah, it is true!). I feel terrible if I read the newspaper or watch on television about raping cases, baby dumping, homeless kids, murder, bombing here and there, political issues and many more to list down that are happening outside of my circle of life.

This made me realize I should be grateful for each of love I received from people around me and complaint less about my life’s tiny difficulties. We are living in rich universe that created by God and unfortunately being destroyed by irresponsible human beings.

I believe in the power of kindness. It has great magic that touches people hearts. Whenever, I read or heard stories about Prophet Muhammad, it opened my eyes and my heart to deal things in his way. He never hold grudges to those people that treated him bad, threw stone and dirty rubbish to him and he was always down to earth and ready to forgive anyone that seek forgiveness from him. I have once read that forgiveness is probably the hardest lesson to accept and practice.

A natural defensive response is to hurt or hate back. But if we can practice forgiving everyone after each hurt, we will begin to live a life of freedom of hate and anger. To live in a harmony environment, we could start by accepting ourselves, other people and their differences. We need to fill our mind with positive thoughts in order to portray positive attitudes.

Back in 2010 when I first stepped in Youth Prep Centre, I was overwhelmed with the activities provided here. There are free guitar lesson, free English class and you can hang out there while surfing on the net for free. I love all the people I met here because there are friendly and warm. I feel delighted because in here, I have the chance knowing few people that are very outgoing, talented and humble. I told all my friends about it and we then become the committee for the YPC-Club. There are lots of activities can be done here and it is sort of a chance for me to contribute my energy to do volunteer works and I am looking forward to do more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment